- What sexual activity did you discover after age 50 that became an important part of your sex life?
- What are the special LGBT issues related to sex & aging?
- How does your or your partner’s body image play a role in enjoyment of sex?
- Straight older women are fearful about showing their bodies to a new partner – does that figure into the lesbian or gay male experience at all?
- Is “lesbian bed death” real, or a myth? Do committed relationships tend to become sexless?
- What medical conditions have impacted your sex life, and how have you dealt with them?
- If you’re in a unsatisfying relationship, how do you decide whether to stay or go?
- What prompted a later-life break-up or divorce in your life?
- How did your doctor react when you brought up a sexual concern? Did your doctor ever say something ageist that led you to switch docs?
- If you were having sexual problems, resisted going to a doctor or therapist, then finally did, and there was a treatable explanation for the problem, tell me your story.
- Your experiences with painful sex? What steps did you take to diagnose and treat the problem? What worked?
- First sex with a new partner: good, bad, worrisome, fabulous…?
- Your experiences with strap-on sex?
- What helps you with decreased sensation?
- What didn’t I ask that I should have?
This isn’t a survey — just choose a question that relates to you in a strong way, and write me your experience. You can either post it as a comment here, or email me privately. By doing either, you’re giving me permission to use excerpts in my book if they fit. What you tell me may help others significantly.
If I use your comments in my book, I won’t identify you in any way, and I’ll be careful to delete any details that might lead someone else to identify you.
I’ll continue to update this list when different topics come up. In case you didn’t see my previous request for your comments, check it out here.
Hope to hear from you.