My vulva and I first encountered the Touch and Tango external vibrators from We-Vibe in 2012. The Touch quickly became my favorite travel vibrator because the small size bestowed powerful vibrations. Over the years We-Vibe improved these two fine vibrators by making them more rumbly, more powerful, more ergonomic, easier to charge. The new Tango X and Touch X are the latest iterations of these pleasure tools, and they’re marvelous.
So much to love about the Touch X! Despite its tiny size, the vibrations are strong, and the shape is ideal for a senior vulva that needs strong stimulation. You can use it several ways:
- Cup the clitoris in the curved, shallow, bowl-like section.
- Hold it upright with the pointy tip on the clitoris or the clitoral hood.
- Cover the clitoris and labia with the Touch held lengthwise, pointy tip either at the entrance to the vagina or on the clitoral hood, your choice.
- Give the clitoris extra stimulation during partner sex (penetrative or not).
- What else? Let me know in the comments how you like to use it, if you’re willing to share.
I don’t know if this will be an annoyance for you, but as you can tell if you enlarge the photos, the Touch X is a lint magnet. Just wash it before use as well as after. The feel of the matte silicone is worth it. Use plenty of water-based lubricant for optimal pleasure.
Use Tango X’s pointy tip, flat end, or the whole surface area for external stimulation however and wherever you want it: clitoris, vulva, nipples, penis, scrotum. Use it solo or with a partner during PIV or any other preferred sexual expression.
The redesigned Tango X sports a silicone handle which makes it easy to hold, even with lubed fingers. The earlier plastic Tango models, while enjoyable, were super slippery to hold while using lubricant. If I didn’t hold it tightly, it might jump right out of my hand and send me scurrying to capture it in the bedsheets.
If I did hold it tightly, the vibrations transmitted directly to my hand, intensifying my wrist arthritis and making it problematic to hold for any length of time. Although I still feel the vibrations in my hand with Tango X, the intensity is dampened by the silicone layer, so it’s less bothersome. This is a huge improvement for those of us with arthritis.
Both Touch X and Tango X
Both Tango X and Touch X will delight you with 8 vibrational intensities and 7 patterns, and these can be combined. In other words, if you like the boop-boop-cha-cha-cha pattern, you can make the intensity subtle or yowza or anything in between. Earlier models let you choose an intensity or a pattern, but not both.
The controls have been redesigned and are much improved. Earlier models had one control button at the end. You pressed it for different intensities and patterns, cycling through the possibilities to find the right setting. The Tango X has raised buttons for “+” and “-” and a separate “~” button for patterns, making it much easier to find a preferred setting.
Charging is also easier than earlier models, which had a magnetic charger that slipped off easily, leaving your vibrator sitting there uncharged. The new versions also charge magnetically, but now the magnets won’t disengage until you pull them apart.
Touch X and Tango X are waterproof for bath time fun!
Which would you like best?
That’s a matter of personal preference, of course. The two vibrators behave similarly, but with an entirely different design and therefore a different feel. If you prefer pinpoint clitoral stimulation, you’ll like Tango X . If you like more overall vulva sensation (which stimulates the internal clitoris as well as the external nub), you’ll get that with Touch X. If you like varying pinpoint and overall, Touch X does both. If you want a toy that feels especially delightful to a penis, Tango X will get your vote.
Speaking of penises!
These toys are marketed for vulvas, but the design, power, and sensations will have your penis of choice shivering with pleasure. The Tango especially is just right for your penis owner’s solo or partnered play. For partnered play, turn it on and try some or all of these:
- Roll the length of the Tango up, down, and around the consenting penis’s shaft.
- Target the consenting frenulum with the flat end.
- Use it on the scrotum during while the consenting penis is in your mouth
For an extra zing, try chilling them first: see Refrigerator Sex.
Thank you, We-Vibe, for sending me these luscious new pleasure tools in return for an honest review.
Oh, oh, oh, the We-Vibe Melt! This “Pleasure Air™ stimulator” surrounds the clitoris with vibrating pulses of air that feel to me like gentle, rhythmic sucking — the best kind of gentle, rhythmic sucking: the fast-to-orgasm kind of gentle, rhythmic sucking.
But when I say “gentle,” I don’t mean mild or wimpy. The 12 — count ’em, 12! — intensity levels are powerful enough for those of us with aging bodies that require extra sensation.
I’ve enjoyed other Womanizer “air pulse” vibrators immensely (read my reviews here), and those came with two removable heads for optimal fit and easy cleaning. The We-Vibe Melt is all one piece. Can one size fit all?
I don’t know the answer to that — but yes, it worked for me, and I’ve read only positive reviews from others. Positioning it took a bit of effort the first time, and when it slid off-course, the vibrating lube noise made me laugh. Once I got it situated correctly and knew how much pressure to apply to keep it from sliding, it was pure pleasure.
The Melt’s shape is ergonomic. It’s smooth and easy to hold without crooking an arthritic wrist. It’s slim enough to use between two bodies during partnered sex, and delightful to use solo.
The controls are clear and easy to feel and see without any need for reading glasses. Turn it on and increase intensity with the “+” button; turn it down and off with the “-” button. Charge it easily via a magnetized USB connector.
Although I didn’t test this, preferring to control my own vibrator, the Melt also has the “We-Connect” app that lets a partner control the intensity and patterns from a Bluetooth-paired smart phone.
At age 76 now, I’ve been around the block. This pleasure tool takes me around the world. How lucky that we’re getting old during a time of high-tech vibrators like the We-Vibe Melt! Get one for yourself directly from We-Vibe.
Thank you, We-Vibe, for sending me the Melt in return for an honest review.
Are you looking toys for senior sex? Do you want to spice things up in the bedroom?
In May 2017, I presented a lively 90-minute webinar, Sex Toys for Seniors, which includes a show-and-tell of about 20 favorite vibrators and other sex toys. I introduced you to the Magic Wand, the Eroscillator, and many well-known and lesser-known (but fabulous!) orgasm-inducers.
Viewing rights to the recording are still available, and I hope you’ll watch it. Since then, I’ve had the delight of reviewing a few more stellar sex toys that would have been included in this webinar if I had enjoyed them sooner.
For your pleasure, here is a round-up of sex toy favorites that have crossed my path (and other places) recently. Shamus MacDuff, my penis-owning reviewer, has also added his favorites. Click on each product name to read our original reviews. These include links to retailers that I personally endorse because they care about our sexual pleasure, education, and health, and they celebrate my message that sexual pleasure is ours lifelong.
Best for Versatility
Volta from Fun Factory is delightfully versatile, powerful, and ergonomic. The curved shape and vibrating tips (I think of them as “flippers”) can give pleasure to all varieties of genitals in many ways:
- Nuzzle a clitoris by surrounding the glans (protruding tip of the clitoris) with the flippers.
- Rest the curve of the Volta over the vulva for all-over stimulation.
- Separate the flippers to vibrate the clitoris and the vaginal entrance simultaneously.
- Cuddle or circle around the head of a penis.
- Stroke the shaft of a penis with the flippers during fellatio.
From Shamus MacDuff:
My favorite toy for partner sex enhancement is Volta (a.k.a. “Flipper,” or “The Cuttlefish with Attitude”). Not only does my woman friend find it pleasurable when applied to her clitoris, but I also enjoy its “kisses” when she buzzes it against my frenulum, penile shaft, and scrotum while thrilling me with her skillful fellatio.
Best for Penises
JETT from Hot Octopuss gets the vote from 75-year-old Shamus MacDuff. He loves the way he can adjust the “dual engines” (independently controlled treble and bass vibrations). As he puts it, “JETT has an expandable, circular silicone sleeve positioned directly above the dual jet engines into which you place your penis — flaccid or erect. The sleeve surrounds the frenulum on one side and the ridge atop the penile head on the other. When JETT revs up, the sensations are multiple and magnificent. The real fun with this toy comes (pun intended) in locating precisely the right treble and bass frequencies, paired with one of the 10 vibration patterns, that launches you into the JETT stream.”
From Shamus MacDuff:
I especially love JETT for solo sex because it’s easy to load my penis into it, flaccid or erect; the accessible controls make it simple to turn on and off and to change settings; and the wide variety of settings, coupled with adjustable, bass and treble intensities, allow me to dial up a perfect combination of sensations to match my particular mood or arousal level.
Best for Traveling with a Vulva
We-Vibe Touch. The We-Vibe Touch has become my favorite travel vibrator. It’s tiny, weighs almost nothing, yet it’s powerful and versatile, and the design is so smart. It’s curved to cover much of the vulva for all-over stimulation, or press the cupped area over the clitoris, or point the tip wherever you want it, or combine any or all of these.
The Touch is fabulous to use on the clitoris during partner sex as well as solo, because it doesn’t get in the way of two joined bodies. If you enjoy penetrative sex and need extra clitoral stimulation for your journey towards orgasm, this makes it easy and sweet. Add it for extra clitoral stimulation whatever kind of sex you might be enjoying — penetrative or not.
Although designed for vulva /clitoral stimulation, it’s also enjoyed by penises and nipples of any gender. See why I love to pack it in my carry-on suitcase?
Best for Traveling with a Penis
Pocket Pulse. We love all the Pulse models from Hot Octopuss because an erection is not required for use or receiving full pleasure. Just place your penis of choice — hard, flaccid, or in between — in the Pulse, turn it on, and feel the results. The Pocket Pulse is a smaller, modified version, and Shamus MacDuff likes it even better than the bigger, more expensive models. The Pocket Pulse is an ideal travel companion for your penis.
Don’t forget about lube!
All these orgasm-inducing products are made of silicone, which require water-based lubricant. I’ve been enjoying the water-based lubes from Wicked Sensual Care. We all have different needs and preferences, but my personal favorite Wicked water-based lube is Aqua Chill which resists body heat for a lovely sensation. If you’ve been frustrated during extended solo sessions with your vibrator because your lube dries out before you’re done, Wicked’s Toy Love is a thick and long-lasting gel, and it doesn’t dribble off your toys.
The We-Vibe Discover Gift Box is a holiday gift, and much more. It’s easily months of sexy giving and receiving. This curated gift box contains these 10 items for your sexual pleasure:
- We-Vibe Lube made by pjur: Water-based, safe for use with silicone pleasure toys.
- Tickler: A “feather duster” for your tickly bits or all over your body.
- Tango by We-Vibe: External mini-vibe, with 8 levels and modes of stimulation. Use the flat side, the tip, or the edges, and take it in the shower or tub if you wish — it’s waterproof and rechargeable. It’s made of hard plastic and transmits the vibrations very well.
- Sexy Dice: Sexy instructions and the body parts to use them on. Roll the dice and play.
- We-Vibe Couple’s Vibrator: AAA battery-powered, budget-friendly version of We-Vibe’s signature silicone couple’s vibrator. Designed for one “arm” worn in the vagina and the other over the clitoris during partner intercourse, it’s also dandy for unpartnered self-pleasure if the fit feels right. This version isn’t as strong as the rechargeable models. (Hint: If you have trouble removing the paper from the battery compartment, as I did, use tweezers.)
- Kegel Ball: You don’t have to go to the gym to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. Insert the silicone ball in the vagina and slow squeeze – slow release for pelvic floor tone and, potentially, stronger orgasms. Silicone.
- Massage Candle: Sweet vanilla-scented candle, which releases massage oil. Of course you’ll extinguish the fire and test the heat before you pour it over your partner, right?
- Womanizer Starlet: Small, travel-sized, rechargeable version of the Womanizer, which uses a delightful “pressurized air pulses” technology. Use it on the clitoris and/or any-gendered nipples. (See my reviews of my favorite Womanizers here and my half-hearted review of the Starlet here. Although it’s not my favorite Womanizer, it will help you know whether you like the feeling enough to invest in a stronger model.)
- Dusk by We-Vibe: Silicone anal plug, marketed as a “beginner’s butt plug” because it’s smaller than most and tapered for easy insertion. It doesn’t vibrate on its own, but the base is tube-
Dusk + Tango
shaped so you can pair it with the Tango to add vibrations. You’ll feel mild vibrations internally and stronger vibrations on the perineum, which the Tango will touch.
- Silky Sash: Use it as a blindfold or a restraint, or come up with your own idea!
Each item is individually wrapped within its own gift box and comes with a card describing the item and how to use it. You might choose to play with these individually, or try them in combination. With such a large collection of possibilities, you’ll easily find some favorites. Enjoy experimenting!The We-Vibe Discover Gift Box is listed at $350 (ouch!), but it’s selling now for $249 from We-Vibe. Still pricey, I know, but if it’s within your budget for a special treat that keeps on giving, you’ll find much to enjoy!