What’s a webinar, how does it work, and why should you care?
A webinar is an online class. Using a web camera and microphone, I give an information-packed, lively presentation similar to the way I teach when I travel, but you watch online instead of waiting for me to come to your city. You can watch live if it fits your schedule, or watch a video recording of it later, or both. These classes are on senior sexuality topics that you — my subscribers and readers — have requested.
Recent webinars, available for viewing online:
If you’re interested in a webinar that has already happened, you can purchase viewing rights for $55 for one; $50 each for two; or $45 each for three or more. (All prices US dollars.) Each 90-minute webinar was recorded in its entirety and you can watch at your convenience — multiple times if you wish. Once I receive your payment via PayPal or check, I’ll send you the link and password. Email me for details, telling me which senior sexuality webinars you wish to view.
7 Steps to Reclaiming Your Sexual Pleasure
- 5 simple, practical tips for easier sexual arousal that you can put into action immediately;
- Framework for a 7-step plan to improve your sexual pleasure long-term;
- Handout to help you design your plan.
Recorded May 25, 2017.
Sex Toys for Seniors
- Joan’s criteria for evaluating sex toys
- 8 questions to help you choose your personal vibrator.
- 5 myths and facts about vibrators.
- Show-and-tell: Joan’s highly recommended sex toys for seniors.
- Links for recommended sex toys.
Great Sex without Penetration
12 Steps to Sexy Aging – Starting Now!
What can you do now to make sure you keep sex alive as you age? What are the secrets to staying sexually vibrant through the decades ahead? In this presentation, you’ll learn what you can do starting now, whether you’re 25 or 55 or any age at all, to invest in your future sexuality. You’ll learn practical tips, communication skills, and attitude adjustments to enrich your sex life lifelong – partnered or solo – despite what the aging process throws your way. (Recorded July 22, 2017)
How the Heck Do I Date at This Age?
Dating after 50, 60, 70 and beyond can feel awkward and weird. How do you meet people? Do you need to use online dating? What are the mistakes most people make with their online profile and photos? Whether you’re widowed, divorced, polyamorous, or a long-time single, this entertaining webinar will be illuminating and practical — plus you’ll find out how others our age meet and mate. Useful tips and plenty of laughter guaranteed. Worksheet included for getting what you want! (Recorded June 17, 2017)
⇝⇝⇝NEW FREE WEBINAR! ⇜⇜⇜⇜
Safer sex barriers — condoms, dental dams, gloves — are FUN and we seniors need to use them. Learn how and why to use safer sex, how to eroticize it, and what to say during the safer sex conversation. You’ll learn how to choose which size condom your penis of choice needs, what a receptive condom is and how it works, and even how to put a condom on a soft penis using your mouth. This lively, fun-filled webinar is presented by senior sex educator and award-winning author Joan Price and sponsored by Lucky Bloke. View it here.
Your Burning Questions?
I’m planning some shorter webinars at a low ticket price. What burning question(s) about senior sexuality would you like to hear me answer? I’ll choose those that are (a) narrowly focused so that I can do them justice in 20 minutes; (b) of interest to many of you; and (c) not covered sufficiently in my other webinars. (If you’re not sure if your question qualifies, send it in anyway!) Everyone who submits a question that I use for a new webinar gets a discount to view it! Email me to submit your questions.
What do Joan’s webinar attendees and viewers say about senior sexuality?
- “My wife and I enjoyed your sex without penetration webinar very much. The real value of the presentation was the manner-of-fact way that you talk about sex without penetration. In particular, directly talking frankly about pursuing ones sexual pleasure. Your webinars have been the catalyst for several lengthy talks in recent weeks. Our conversations (especially the pillow-talk) and our play time together have simply been better. We are happy to be part of your community. Thanks for doing what you do!”
- “This webinar is a fine presentation and an extremely helpful piece of work and I benefited in a host of ways. Even though I’ve read all three of your books on aging and sexuality, have followed your blog and other online items, I learned some things this afternoon.”
- “How is it possible for a 69-year-old woman and a 72-year-old man to enjoy 3 continuous hours of non-stop sex and joyful lovemaking, and then fall contentedly to sleep? And pick right up in the morning, seemingly where we left off? Use Joan’s “sex without penetration” method, and leave out any and all expectations! Really. I owe you a big time testimonial!”
- “We learned a lot from your webinar. My husband and I have been married 40 years. We are going to take some of the steps you recommended.”
- “I think you did a real good job of explaining things. I could see that what we were facing is not uncommon.”
- “Loved the sex toy webinar! I didn’t realize the different ergonomic options for vibrators and dildos so this will help my greatly in work with seniors helping to refer them to appropriate toys. I will use this information when purchasing my own toys and also with older age clients wanting to discuss sex and sex toy options.”
- “Your sex toy webinar was an excellent presentation and show& tell. Very informative and, as a toy ‘virgin,’ I liked your very matter-of-fact, ‘this is ok and normal’ approach. At one point I LOL’d, because I mentally superimposed you showing varieties of cake mixers or vacuum cleaners. Your approach has caused me to want to get one of these ‘appliances’ yesterday.”
- “Your dating webinar was interesting and worthwhile and very helpful in clarifying what I’m looking for and what are deal breakers. You were an engaging and authentic speaker!”
“I wrote what I thought to be a compelling profile on OKCupid, but it attracted relatively little interest. Joan Price’s webinar (“How the Heck Do I Date at This Age”) provided important tips and suggestions for revision, and after I incorporated these insights the activity level on my profile increased markedly and has resulted in numerous inquiries and several fun dates with good matches.”
- “Five stars! I think what you’re doing is quite challenging and you did a great job. You kept it light and funny while discussing some things most find quite
difficult. You told some nice stories and especially you showed us some of your own vulnerability. Powerful stuff.”
- “I loved how matter of fact you are about using sex toys. I will keep playing around with my vibrators as a way to get to know my own sexual response, and bring that knowledge into partner sex. Thank you for the wonderful work you do and the beautiful acceptance of all that sex for seniors may entail.”
- “I found your entire sex toys presentation absorbing and highly informative about the variety and range of sex toys and what they can and cannot do. I delighted in your imitations of the different sounds and speeds of various sex toys. What a kick!”
- “Your Safer Sex video is a very good awakening to misinformed seniors (and individuals of all ages) on the Who, What Where When and Why of safe sex. I watched it twice and
was amazed how you packed into that presentation. That video is gold!”
|Joan shows her favorites
in Sex Toys for Seniors
Interested in meeting me in person? View my speaking schedule. I am also available for personal consultations via phone or video call. Email me for more information. Be sure you subscribe to receive my occasional newsletter for senior sex tips, events, and special offers for subscribers only. Thank you for being part of my community.
9/6/2015: I’m in Australia meeting with groundbreaking sex educators and activists who are dedicated to the goal of sexual pleasure and sexual rights for everyone through the life span. I’ve been invited to speak at seven (7!) events in Melbourne, Sydney, and Bendigo. They’re listed on my events page, and I’m copying them here for your convenience. If you’re in or near one of these cities, please come meet me! Special thanks to the inaugural Let’s Talk about Sex conference for making this happen!
Monday, September 7, 7-9 pm: Ask Us About Sex after 50! with Joan Price and Linda Kirkman at Hares and Hyenas, 63 Johnston Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia. Yes, sex after 50, 60, 70 and beyond has its challenges: health issues, a solo life, the predictable sex that comes with longtime relationships, discomfort with changing bodies, lack of desire, dating at our age. But sex after midlife can also be hot and joyful if we learn, adapt, and explore what works for us. Let’s throw out the stereotypes and the old expectations that may not serve us anymore. We’ll cover relationship diversity, sexual health, fitting bodies together when they don’t function or feel like they used to, and much more. Joan and Linda will debunk the myths, answer your questions, and send you home new tools, techniques, and attitudes to help you experience sizzling and satisfying sex — with or without a partner. If you are over 50, or you plan to be, or you work with the older population, you’ll get your questions answered in this lively presentation. Tickets $25AUD/$20AUD in advance, or $30AUD at door.
September 8-9, 2015: Joan Price is a keynote speaker for the inaugural conference Let’s Talk About Sex at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park, 192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia. Sponsored by Alzheimer’s Australia Vic and Council of the Aged. The inaugural Let’s Talk About Sex Conference aims to challenge many of the assumptions, taboos and stereotypes when it comes to older people and sexual intimacy. The failure to acknowledge sexuality and ageing has left many older people deprived of their right to a satisfying and fulfilling sex life. This Conference will promote discussion that aims to improve the health and emotional wellbeing of older people through recognition of their rights to sexual expression. It will challenge society’s failure to acknowledge sexuality and ageing. Topics such as sexual and gender diversity, sexual consent and sexuality among people with cognitive impairment will be discussed as we highlight the importance of relationships and intimacy as we age. It will also address the challenges encountered by carers in residential and community care.
September 10, 2015, 12:45-1:45 pm: Joan Price: Naked at Our Age at the Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale St., Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia. ‘If you want your sexual exuberance to match mine three decades after age 40, start listening to your elders’. That’s the advice American author Joan Price gave to Miley Cyrus in a 2013 open letter, after Cyrus announced that over-40s don’t have sex. In 2011, Price wrote Naked at Our Age: Talking out loud about senior sex, which explored the challenges, delights, surprises and frustrations of sex for older people. The book was praised for its warmth and humour as well as its practical, no-nonsense advice. Price will talk about sex – and seniors – with Australian sex therapist, educator and media commentator Cyndi Darnell. Join us for a candid, funny, grown-up and possibly sexy conversation. Free, reservations recommended.
Mon., Sept. 14, 2015, 5:30-7:30 pm, Ask Us About Sex after 50! with Joan Price and Linda Kirkman at Visual Arts Centre, 21 View St., Bendigo, Vic 3550, Australia. Yes, sex after 50, 60, 70 and beyond has its challenges: health issues, a solo life, the predictable sex that comes with longtime relationships, discomfort with changing bodies, lack of desire, dating at our age. But sex after midlife can also be hot and joyful if we learn, adapt, and explore what works for us. Let’s throw out the stereotypes and the old expectations that may not serve us anymore. We’ll cover relationship diversity, sexual health, fitting bodies together when they don’t function or feel like they used to, and much more. Joan and Linda will debunk the myths, answer your questions, and send you home new tools, techniques, and attitudes to help you experience sizzling and satisfying sex — with or without a partner. If you are over 50, or you plan to be, or you work with the older population, you’ll get your questions answered in this lively presentation. Tickets $20AUD/$15AUD. For more info, email Linda Kirkman.
Wed., Sept. 16, 2015, 6:30-8:30 pm, What Your Clients are NOT Asking You about Sex: Talking About Senior Sex for Medical Professionals and Therapists, presented by the Society of Australian Sexologists. About half of all sexually active men and women aged 57 to 85 in the United States report at least one bothersome sexual problem; one third report at least two. Yet only 38 percent of men and 22 percent of women reported having discussed sex with a health professional since the age of 50. Why this information barrier? What can you, as professionals, do to overcome it with your patients and clients? Joan Price shares their changing sexual needs, problems, and fears, and what they wish their doctors, therapists, and other professionals and educators would help them resolve. Joan will address the ‘extra mile’ that sex therapists can go in helping their clients/patients. Venue: Level 3, 50 York Street, Sydney, Australia. $20AUD for SAS Members; $30AUD for non-members. RSVP email@example.com or drop-in.
Mon., Sept. 21 and Tues., Sept. 22, 2015, 7-9 pm: Great Sex after Fifty: two workshops with Joan Price, author of The Ultimate Guide to Sex after 50. Sydney’s Max Black presents author and educator Joan Price (USA) appearing in-store at Max Black 264 King St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia, for two very special workshops designed to help you navigate the world of sex, dating and relationships after 50. These intimate and fun workshops will give you the chance to ask questions and get answers. Tickets: $20AUD here. Please arrive at 6:45 and settle in with a glass of champagne.
- Sept. 21: Ask Me, I’ll Tell You: Talking Out Loud about Sex & Aging: Sex after 50 – the challenges, pleasures and answers to all the questions we don’t think we can ask out loud. Sex has changed but it can still be spicy and very satisfying, with the right information. An eye-popping, interactive, empowering mixed-gender workshop designed to help you have great sex after 50, 60, 70 & beyond.
- Sept. 22: How the Heck Do I Date at This Age? Dating after 50 can feel awkward & weird. What are the guidelines? Should you lie about your age? How do avoid pitfalls & handle rejection? What about safer sex with a new person? Whether you’re widowed, divorced or a longtime single this fun workshop will be illuminating, plus you’ll find out how others our age meet & mate.
UPDATE: Thank you to the eleven lively people who partipated in my NYC workshop, Ask Me, I’ll Tell You: Women and Men Talk Out Loud about Sex and Aging, talking candidly about your sexuality in front of strangers, a TV crew, and cameras. You were wonderful!
Excerpts from this workshop will be part of a TV documentary on sexuality in the U.S. airing on a major cable network in October or November. Once the air date is set, I’ll be able to tell you the details — right now I can’t reveal more.
We had such a good time with the abbreviated version of this workshop that the participants requested that I return to NYC to give the full workshop. I’d love to! If you want to be on my NYC mailing list for news of a workshop there (without cameras or a TV crew!), please email me with “NYC workshop info” in the subject line, and tell me a bit about yourself.
We’re also seeking sponsors who can provide a venue and/or cover my travel costs. Let’s make this happen!
If you live in the Santa Rosa/ Marin/ San Francisco area of California, I offer this workshop frequently here. Email me with “local workshop info” in the subject line. I’m about to schedule another one in Santa Rosa in the next couple of months.
If you’re landing on this post for the first time, here’s the background — the original 8/17/12 post about the first NYC workshop event:
- In or near New York City?
- Age 50+?
- Energetic, articulate, communicative?
- Interested in enriching your knowledge of senior sexuality?
- Willing to share your views about sexual topics candidly — on camera?
- Available Thursday morning, August 23?
If so, Please email me immediately! You might be invited to appear on a national cable network television special with me on the topic of senior sex! Here’s the scoop:
On Thursday morning, Aug. 23 (venue TBD in New York City), I’m doing a one-hour, abbreviated version of my workshop, Ask Me, I’ll Tell You: Women and Men Talk Out Loud about Sex and Aging (description below). The workshop will be free to you and filmed — you’ll be on camera the whole time. Excerpts will appear as one segment of a national cable television special about senior sex.
If you are enthusiastic about speaking candidly about
senior sex as part of a workshop discussion, which I’ll facilitate,
please email me
right away! If you and a partner want to participate, please submit
separate emails, but indicate that you are partnered with [name].
Singles are encouraged to participate.
Please include this information in your email:
- Phone number
- Email address
- 2 or 3 burning questions* you would like to hear men discuss about senior sex
- 2 or 3 burning questions* you would like to hear women discuss about senior sex
Ask Me, I’ll Tell You: Women and Men Talk Out Loud about Sex and Aging . We’re talking about senior sex—the challenges, the
pleasures, and all the questions we didn’t think we could ask out loud.
What arouses us now, when the old ways aren’t working like they used to?
What do we wish we understood and could communicate better about our
changing bodies and responses? How do we spice up our sexual
repertoire? What if we don’t have a partner? What if we don’t feel
desire for sex any more? In this eye opening, interactive, mixed-gender
workshop, you’ll get to voice your questions and get answers. Joan
Price, author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex
After Sixty and Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex,
guides the conversation and discovery, and offers tips for putting the
zest back into later-life sexuality. For couples and singles, men and
(*In the full-length version of this workshop, we arrive together at the “burning questions” we want to hear our own and the other gender discuss, but since we’re limited to one hour of this workshop, I’m speeding it along by collecting your questions ahead of time.)
This show will air in the last quarter of this year — more details to come. I’m really excited about this opportunity to share what I do on a national television special, and I hope you’ll be part of it! I’ll turn over the information you send me to the producer, who has the final word on attendees — space is limited and we won’t be able to accommodate everyone.
“How the Heck Do I Date at This Age?” is the title of a new workshop I just debuted in Milwaukee, and I’m ready to take it on the road! I discovered it needs to be a three-hour workshop because it covers so many topics, questions, and interactive discussion.
Here’s my description of the workshop:
How the Heck Do I Date at This Age?
You’re ready to connect for dating, sex, love, companionship – but dating as a senior feels awkward and downright weird. What are the guidelines? How do you navigate online dating and avoid the pitfalls that send potential dates running in the other direction? When do you bring up safer sex, your personal sexual issues, or sex at all? Whether you’re widowed, divorced, or a longtime single, you’ll find this interactive workshop illuminating and fun, and you’ll get to find out how other single seniors meet and mate (or try to). All genders and orientations welcome; sense of humor helpful. Thirty million Americans age 55 and older are single, so welcome to the club with no rules! Joan Price, author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty and Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex – and a widow trying to figure out how to date at her age – leads this workshop.
During this fun-filled workshop, you’ll create a list of the qualities you’re seeking in a date/lover/sweetheart/mate, because if you don’t know what you’re asking for, the answer is “no.” You’ll also write your profile, should you wish to pursue online dating. You’ll get plenty of information and honest (polite, but honest!) feedback about your dating situation (or lack of dating situation). By the end, you’ll have an action plan and plenty of food for thought. Bring paper and pen or a laptop — and a sense of humor!
“So where do I have to go to attend this workshop?” you ask. Ah, I don’t know yet. Invite me to come to your region to present it, or email me to put yourself on my contact list for an upcoming workshop in the San Francisco/ Santa Rosa, CA area.
10/11 addendum: For use in this workshop, I’m collecting online dating profiles (our age only) that are either terrific, appealing examples or awful, waste-of-space examples. If you encounter either, please copy it without identifying the person except by gender and age and email it to me privately. This isn’t about whether the person meets your personal taste requirements — just whether the profile is a great example of how to write one, or a terrible example that no one would want to answer. Again, do not identify the person even by handle or URL — this is not about embarrassing people, just giving us content to discuss.