A huge number of folks over 50 are seeking relationships of many types: monogamous partners, nonmonogamous partners, committed lovers, casual lovers, friends with benefits, occasional hook-ups, and so on. Many seniors are looking for love/sex/companionship after decades, sometimes half a century, of being in a relationship. They find themselves widowed or divorced, or their partner dumped them, or they did the dumping, or they’re opening up their formerly exclusive relationship, or their relationship has become sexless. Explore dating tips geared for seniors with Joan Price.
To help you navigate the brave new world of lusting, dating, and mating after age 50, 60, 70, and beyond, I created a 90-minute webinar titled “How the Heck Do I Date at This Age?” because there is so much to learn: why dating apps are the way to go (that’s where the other single people are!), how to present yourself in your profile, how to express what you want, how to highlight the unique person you are and the kind of person and relationship you seek, how to reject people kindly, how to accept rejection.
- If you don’t know what you’re looking for, you won’t find it.
- If you don’t ask for what you want, the answer is no.
- The first date isn’t an audition for the rest of your life. It’s only an audition for the second date.
- There’s no such thing as a bad date. There are only good stories.
- Every person who isn’t right for you gets you one step closer to someone who is.
Learn more including other dating tips for seniors from Joan Price.