The Womanizer — the sex toy whose name we hate and whose orgasm assistance we love — has two new models! There’s the long-handled Womanizer Plus and the lipstick-shaped Womanizer 2Go. As soon as I expressed interest, Good Vibrations rushed to ship me both to review. (Love you, Educator Andy!) I was surprised by how powerfully — and quickly! — both worked.
It doesn’t just vibrate (though it does do that) — it gently pulls on the clitoris, bringing blood flow, engorgement, and increased sensation. It’s not “sucking” like a vacuum — it’s subtle, but oh so effective and pleasurable.
I stand by my description of the sensation, but I guess I need to stop calling it “sucking.” Other reviewers** have pointed out that it doesn’t “suck” — it blows puffs of air in pressurized pulses. The company calls it “Pleasure Air Technology.” It feels like gentle sucking to me, and it feels glorious. In my experience, both of these new Womanizers speed up arousal and deliver orgasms easily and surprisingly quickly.
|Heads in two sizes|
These Womanizers are more attractive than the previous models — the garishness is gone — and the control buttons*** are easier to use. Both come with detachable heads in two sizes and shapes to get the best fit for your clitoris. (Look carefully — the extra head is easy to miss underneath the packaging.) Both models are waterproof!
* Smallish and light to pack for travel — this one is going in my carry-on for sure!
* Quite strong, considering the comparatively small size.
|Womanizer 2Go (L)|
Laura Mercier lipstick (R)
* It’s the shape of a lipstick, but not the size. See the difference? This is only a con if you expect teeny tiny.
* The case does not stay closed securely. A little nudge will dislodge the cap from the base. This is a design flaw, and an aggravating one. Be careful if you’re carrying it in your purse. Don’t let the cat knock it around.
* The long handle is splendidly ergonomic, especially for short arms and arthritic wrists. The design is a huge improvement over previous models.
* The sensation is strong, dependable, and joyous.
* I didn’t find any cons. Other reviewers criticized the placement of the controls, high and low on the back of the handle, but I liked that I couldn’t accidentally turn it down or off.
* Wait — one con: the price. Yeah, it’s as expensive as two high-quality sex toys. But in my view, if you can afford the $200, the pleasure and ease of orgasm make it worth it. Of course your mileage may vary.
** The funny and often snarky Epiphora described the sensation as akin to “a horde of fish nibbling tenderly at your clitoris.” The “sex toy critic/ dildo burner” Dangerous Lilly wrote, “I’ve been told by Womanizer there is no vacuum/suction, instead, the technology is ‘pressurized air pulses,'” in her remarkably thorough review of both of these products, Womanizer 2Go and Womanizer Plus, and comparison of all the Womanizer models and the Satisfyer (which I haven’t yet reviewed, but it’s in the pipeline). Why am I sending you to other reviewers? Because they’re marvelous, and if you don’t already read Epiphora and Dangerous Lilly, you should!
*** Control buttons:
|Controls back of handle|
|2Go control button on bottom|
Thank you, Good Vibrations, for sending me these Womanizers in return for an honest review.