Posts Tagged ‘Womanizer’
Womanizer Marilyn Monroe special edition – review
The Womanizer Marilyn Monroe™ Special Edition Clitoral Suction Stimulator from LoveHoney is a gorgeous, elegantly designed and packaged gift for your clitoris. It comes in four colors: white marble (pictured), black marble, mint green, and vivid red.
This powerful “Pleasure Air” technology toy has 10 intensity levels from “ummm” to “oh, yes, yes, yes!” It’s completely waterproof.
If you’re new to “Pleasure Air” sex toys, they feel a lot like gentle pulsing and sucking. Apply water-based lubricant to your clitoris, and place the nozzle-looking part over it. Start with the lowest setting, relax, and gradually raise the intensity as you need it. It’s a delicious feeling!
Why Marilyn Monroe?
Born 1926, Marilyn became the sex symbol for my generation. I remember devouring stories about Marilyn in movie star magazines when I was in junior high and trying to figure out what being a woman meant. I barely understood what “sexy” meant or stood for, but I knew she was the epitome, way beyond my aspirations. My little breasts were embarrassing. Hers were awe-inspiring.
She had it all, or so we thought. Marilyn died by suicide of a barbiturate overdose at age 36.
The controls on the back are remarkably clear and easy to use. From bottom to top:
- The two raised silver dots are for the connecting points for the magnetic charger.
- Power button: press and hold for 2 seconds to turn on and off. Press and release quickly for the “afterglow” setting (see below). The power button lights up in use. It’s also a handy battery level indicator which flashes quickly when the Womanizer is half-charged and slowly when it’s close to discharged.
- Minus (-) button: press and release to lower intensity.
- Plus (+) button: press and release to raise intensity.
- Note that the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons are different sizes, easy to choose the right one, even with eyes closed.
- Like the Womanizer ECO (my personal favorite), this version comes with a cotton drawstring bag for storage.
- Charging is simple with the USB magnetic charging cord. Unlike many magnetic chargers, this one attaches tightly and doesn’t disengage until you pull it off.
- Two silicone “stimulation heads” are included. These pop off for easy switching or washing. Although one is a little higher than the other, the difference in width is negligible.
- A short, clear, illustrated user booklet with easy-on-the-eyes black print on white. I’ve complained in the past about user manuals that were all but illegible to our old eyes, e.g. small white print on pink background, ugh.
I love the Afterglow function! If you require high intensity to orgasm, and immediately afterward your clitoris is too sensitive and you abruptly remove or turn off your vibrator, here’s a special treat. After enjoying a strong orgasm at whatever intensity gets you there, press the power button quickly and it switches to the lowest setting. I think of it as letting your clitoris “purr” for a while after your orgasm.
Is Womanizer Marilyn Monroe for you?
- Yes, if you’re a Marilyn Monroe fan and want to honor her with your orgasms.
- No, if you’re uncomfortable with Marilyn’s name and image used without her consent. (Her estate did consent.) FYI The Marilyn Monroe is exactly the same as the Classic 2, other than the appearance and references to Marilyn.
- Yes, if you’re giving a gift and want a beautiful design.
- No, if you already have another Womanizer or air puff stimulator that you use and love. Other than the colors, it’s similar to other Womanizers.
- Yes, if you’re a beginner to “pleasure air” technology. The lowest settings are mild and will help you get used to this kind of stimulation.
You’ve come a long way, Womanizer!
I’ve been enjoying and reviewing Womanizer clitoral stimulators since the first one — a hideously garish but marvelously effective game changer — entered my bedroom in 2015. Since then, I’ve reviewed updated Womanizers as they became prettier, sleeker, easier to use, more powerful, altogether more deliciously satisfying.
Thank you, LoveHoney, for sending me the Womanizer Marilyn Monroe™ Special Edition Clitoral Suction Stimulator in return for an honest review.
Give your clitoris some joy with the Womanizer Premium, Eco, or Liberty!
I encountered the first Womanizer clitoral stimulator in 2015, and I was shocked by the name. Did this German company really name a vulva sexual-pleasure product after the generic philanderer, a man who uses and deceives women? But because the quality was so marvelous, I got used to the name.
It was similar to getting used to the name “iPad,” which also shocked me when it came out in 2010. “Why would Apple name a new product after a woman’s sanitary napkin?” I asked my friends. “Don’t any women work at Apple?” I got used to it. I’ve forgiven both Apple and Womanizer for jarring my sensibilities.
I’ve been reviewing Womanizer products ever since, and each iteration delights even more. The two newest Womanizers that I own — the Premium Eco and Premium — are so wonderful that I can’t choose which I like best. Both models, like all Womanizer sex toys, use “Pleasure Air Technology”: air pulses with vibrations. The combo feels like gentle sucking and vibrating at the same time. For best results, use water-based lubricant on both your clitoris and the stimulator head. Luscious. Orgasmic.
Although they look similar in the photo except for color, and they do feel similar in use, they are made of different materials and each has unique qualities. For clarity, I’ll refer to the Premium Eco as “Eco” to differentiate it from the “Premium” (non-Eco).
Here’s what the two models have in common:
- 12 intensity levels, from subtle to yowza. As power-hungry as I am, I don’t need the strongest setting, and that’s rare for me.
- “Smart Silence.” It’s only active when it’s in contact with your skin. That means no fumbling to turn it off if interrupted, or if you need to add more lube. Just break contact with your skin and it goes into standby mode until it touches you again. Sweet.
- Two stimulator heads of slightly different shapes and sizes so your clitoris gets the fit she likes. The head pops off for cleaning.
- Ergonomic design. The shape is easy to hold, and there are no vibrations in the handle — which my arthritic wrist appreciates greatly. The controls are simple to use without looking, and you won’t accidentally turn it off.
- Easy USB charging with magnetic connection.
- 5-year warranty coverage for all Womanizer products.
Here’s how these two models differ:
- They turn on and off differently.
- Start the Eco by pressing the “+” button until the little light goes on. Note that the motor won’t start until the head is in contact with your skin. Turn it off by pressing and holding the “-” button.
- Turn the Premium on or off by pressing and holding the tiny power button above the three dots near the end of the handle. Use the “+” or “-” button to increase or decrease the intensity.
- Getting wet: The Eco is splash-proof only. The Premium is completely waterproof.
- “Autopilot.” On the Premium, when this feature is activated, intensity levels alternate randomly. This doesn’t appeal to me because I like to be in charge of the intensity, but if you like surprises, this could be a cool feature.
- The Eco manual is short, to the point, clearly written and illustrated with diagrams, always black print on white page. And if you lose the booklet, here it is online. Save this link because when it’s time to recycle, it tells you how.
- The Premium, however, includes a hefty, multi-language booklet with — get this! — white print on a pinkish-beige page. C’mon, Womanizer, we’ve got some old eyes here. In other words, it’s illegible. Because I like to save the day when I can, I’ve tracked down a PDF version of the manual with print you can read and enlarge to your eyes’ content. You’re welcome.
What’s Special about the Eco?
Eco is made with bio-based material that is also biodegradable. The whole thing is recyclable (once disassembled, which the manual illustrates). The amount of plastic is drastically reduced. Inside is a 14500 cylindrical 3.7 V lithium-ion rechargeable battery which may need to be replaced eventually. Even the cord and bag are environment-friendly.
What About Travel?
Tuck the lovely little Liberty into your travel bag for orgasms on the go. The Liberty lives in a sleek, beautifully shaped case that is magnetized so that the two halves seal together. Of course it’s not as strong as the bigger models, but it still packs a punch with 6 intensity levels. And it’s waterproof!
Note that the Liberty turns both on and off by pressing and holding the “+” button. It would be nice if all the models used the same on-off process, but if that’s my only complaint, no need to get grumpy about it.
Womanizer + Clitoris = Orgasm
Despite the name, Womanizer products have been delighting clitoris owners for years. I’ve personally reviewed six models here, and only one, the Starlet, disappointed. From the first utterly garish model to the current elegant deliverers of delight, Womanizer sex toys are among my top choices for dependable, euphoric orgasms. Of course we’re all different, and the “pleasure air technology” may or may not be your path to pleasure. Speaking as one 78-year-old woman, it sure does it for me.
Thank you, Womanizer, for providing the Eco , Premium , and Liberty, in exchange for an honest review.
In case you’re wondering why almost every sex toy that I review gets a rave recommendation:
Yes, I test my share of vibrators that disappoint. But why waste your time or mine reviewing a product that you don’t need to know about? (Exception: if the product gets a lot of undeserved hype, or is so hilariously unsexy that I want you to laugh with me, like the Orgasmatron 3-corded jackhammer and the Siime Eye for vaginal selfies.)
Most of the vibrators that I decide not to review aren’t bad, but they’re nothing special. Maybe they’re not close to strong enough, or they’re awkward to use, or they’re like so many others that there’s not much new to say. I don’t want you to have to wade through reviews of products that aren’t stellar when there are gems that I want you to know about that you might not encounter on your own. I realize that a sex toy that leaves me “eh!” might strike someone else as “yeah!” so I’m not going to pan it, I just don’t review it. My sex toy providers understand that sending me a product is not a guarantee of a review.
Womanizer X Lovehoney Pro40 Review
The Womanizer X Lovehoney Pro40 Rechargeable Clitoral Stimulator from LoveHoney is not a new product, but it’s a popular one which I’ve enjoyed immensely all year and should have reviewed for you sooner. If you’re a fan of “air pulse” technology, or if you’ve never tried it and don’t know what product to start with, you can’t go wrong with this one.
But first, some history:
In March 2015, I met my first Womanizer sex toy. It was a garish, ugly thing with an offensive name and a fake jewel control button that stabbed my thumb. I felt the need to tell you this:
Let’s get this part out of the way first — this is the ugliest, tackiest looking sex toy that has ever graced my nightstand. It looks like a design by sixth graders assigned to figure out what a girly ear thermometer might look like…and the name — Womanizer. Seriously?
But it used a new technology that bestowed orgasms so glorious that I forgave the appearance, the thumb stabbing, and the name. I described the sensation as “clitoral suction,” though it doesn’t really suck — it combines vibration and pulses of air to create the sensation of gentle sucking.
Fast-forward five years. By now, end of 2020, most sex toy connoisseurs have heard of and enjoyed the “air pulse” or “Pleasure Air™” technology from Womanizer, which boasts several models of different sizes and — fortunately — an updated appearance. The price has come down. The awful name hasn’t changed, but we’ve gotten used to it. We’ve pretty much divorced the word in our minds from the offensive connotation. (It’s similar to the way we’ve adapted to the name “iPad,” which no longer reminds of of sanitary napkins.)
The Womanizer X Lovehoney Pro40 Rechargeable Clitoral Stimulator is based on an earlier model that was discontinued by Womanizer and has been revived with LoveHoney.
Here’s why I love it:
- Works really, really well. Put a little water-based lube on the edges of the head and on the clitoris, position the Pro40 so it envelopes the clitoris, trying for a tight seal, turn it on, and relax into the sensations. Turn up the intensity as you need it until there’s no place to go but over the moon.
- 6 intensity levels from delicate to “yowza!” Start with mild sensation and build up as you get aroused. There are no patterns, which suits me, because I prefer strong and steady without the distraction of rhythmic variations.
- Buttons you can see, feel, and understand even with lube-slick fingers. I’m irked when otherwise great toys need a strong light and reading glasses to figure out the controls. The Womanizer Pro40 has raised buttons and big labels, and nothing extra to confuse you.
- Lightweight and ergonomic. Comfortable to hold.
- Waterproof. Use it in the shower or bath, just be aware that it makes a funny noise* in water which may cause laughter instead of arousal (or maybe that’s just me).
- Easy to clean. Just remove and wash the head and wipe lube off the rest.
- USB Rechargeable.
* Speaking of noise, yeah, there’s noise. On a low setting, it’s practically silent, but rev it up and it gets loud. With lube, if you don’t have a snug seal over your clitoris, it makes a slurping sound. Just adjust the fit and the slurping stops, but it’s still loud. My solution for you if noise is a problem: send household members outside to walk the dog while you attend to yourself.
Some Womanizer models come with two interchangeable heads of slightly different size and design, so that you can choose the best fit for your body. The original Pro40 did this, too. This one, however, has only one head.
Caveat: Do not use if you have a pacemaker.
Many thanks to LoveHoney, the sexual happiness people, for sending me the Womanizer X Pro40 Rechargeable Clitoral Stimulator.
Until now, I’ve felt that the Womanizer clitoral stimulators got better with each new version. I’ve reviewed four of them here — be sure and read these reviews to understand the lovely, suction-like, “pressurized air puff” technology and how it feels:
- 2017: Womanizer Plus and 2Go (my favorites!)
- 2016: Womanizer W500
- 2015: Womanizer W100
But the latest mini-Womanizer, the Starlet, disappoints. I really wanted to love it, because I travel a lot, and the idea of packing a tiny (3″ long and pretty much weightless) yet powerful sex toy is appealing. However…
The biggest problem for me is the design of the cap. I can’t tell whether the issue is the size or the shape, but with lubricant, it slips right off the clitoris. My favorite Womanizers — Plus and 2Go (AKA “the lipstick”) — come with a choice of two caps, so you can choose the one that fits and feels best. The Starlet only comes with one, and the part that encircles the tip of the clitoris is smaller and a slightly different shape (photo below). Without lubricant, it doesn’t slip, but hey, at our age, we need lubricant.
|Caps L to R, Plus – 2Go – Starlet|
The Womanizer website describes the Starlet this way:
Every woman has the right to experience intense orgasms. Everywhere! With the practical format of the Starlet the high-end technology of the original Womanizer is also available on the go. This mobility combined with the modern design make the Womanizer a perfect companion, especially for women, who are still at the beginnings of their sexual development but nonetheless care about a patented premium product.
Uh, no. If you’re a beginner to sex toys (and I know that many of my readers are), you deserve a product that will rock your world, not one that makes you go, “Er, how is this supposed to work?” or “Is that all?” The site also claims that you’ll reach orgasm in just a few minutes. I wish!
It also claims to be quiet. Only if you don’t use lube. Otherwise, it’s noisy. It sounds like it’s slurping lubricant through a straw like we used to suck up that last drop of milkshake in 1958. Normally, I don’t care about sound — I love the Magic Wand and the Sybian, and they’re about the noisiest orgasm tools available. But an itty bitty travel companion should not be noisy.
|L to R: 2Go – Starlet – Plus|
- For home use, the big Womanizer Plus. Powerful. Fabulous.
- For travel, the 2Go. Yes, it’s a little bigger than the Starlet, but still small enough for travel.
If price is a big issue, the Starlet is considerably cheaper than the other models. That would be great if it worked almost as well, but at least for me, it doesn’t. As always, your mileage may vary.
|Sharing moments of hilarity
with Educator Andy at
Thank you, Educator Andy from Good Vibrations, for the Womanizer Starlet and for always supporting my mission as a senior sex educator and advocate.