Photograph a favorite sex toy in a public place where you have no expectation of privacy — and win a prize!
Photograph your vibrator in a public place where sex toys ordinarily do not belong — e.g. grocery store, coffee shop, park, public building, on a public street, at a public event – the possibilities are endless. Bonus points for library, museum, or police station!
The best, strangest, and funniest photos in several categories will win prizes, which include sex toys, lubricant, condoms, Joan’s books and webinars.
Just do what you do anyway: take photos with your phone. But this time, carry a favorite sex toy and pose it in surprising surroundings.
Rules, yes, we have rules:
- The location must be public with no expectation of privacy.
- No human faces visible. (Animal faces and art renditions of faces are OK.)
- Submit your photo(s) by December 19, 2019
- Follow all instructions under “How to submit: follow ALL instructions” below.
Prizes! We’ll award prizes in several different categories, such as:
- Riskiest photo
- Strangest place to see a sex toy
- Most unusual positioning of sex toy in its surroundings
- Biggest sex toy photographed (Sybian, anyone?)
- Best sex toy costume
- Best story of what happened when the photo was taken
- Photo that made the judges laugh the hardest
- Most retweeted photo (finalists will be published on Twitter — be sure to follow @joanprice)
More categories may be added after we see what you submit. Your photo might be so unusual that we make up a new category so that you win.
Be original, take risks, and make it clear that a sex toy is being photographed where it doesn’t belong.
The prizes will be donated by some of our favorite sex toy companies and retailers, such as
Winners will receive prizes donated by sex-positive companies, such as sex toys from Hot Octopuss, We-Vibe, Good Vibrations, Smitten Kitten, and Fun Factory; luxury lubricants from Wicked Sensual; sex-themed gifts from Lucky Bloke; and my own books and webinars.
How to submit: follow ALL instructions:
You may enter as many times as you wish. For each submission, email this info:
- Title the photo with the sex toy name, place, and your name, e.g. “Atom Plus at Exchange Bank_Shamus MacDuff.”
- Email the photo to Joan with the subject header, “Sex Toy Sightings.”
- Describe in your email what happened when you took this photo, including any conversation with a stranger.
- Include your name, email, mailing address, and phone number, so that we can contact you if you win. Include your age (you don’t have to be a senior).
- Specify if we may publish your full name with your photo, or first name only, or give yourself a code name.
- Include this statement: “I give Joan Price permission to publish my Sex Toy Sightings photo on her blog, https://joanprice.com/blog, and on other social media.”
- Optional: is there a sex toy on your wish list that you hope you’ll win?
Take a risk! That’s the fun part.
What’s the worst that can happen? You might be asked one of these questions?
- “What are you doing?” (Answer: “Photo shoot.”)
- “What’s that thing?” (Answer: name and describe the sex toy.)
Deadline: December 19, 2019. Winners announced by December 23, 2019.
Note: Photos may be published on social media ahead of deadline to motivate others to participate.
Thank you, Shamus MacDuff, for your sample photos. I hope you and your sex toys had a great time!